Courtney of Unfiltered Mama | Featured Blogger


Hello everyone! I'm so excited to bring you a featured blogger! Today's blogger is Courtney of Unfiltered Mama! Check her out! 


ABOUT COURTNEY

Courtney // Unfiltered Mama

Hi! My name is Courtney, Unfiltered Mama, and my blog can be found at unfilteredmamasite.wordpress.com. I'm a mental health advocate/blogger. If you visit my blog, you will see that I have shared numerous personal experiences with anxiety, depression, abuse, etc.




FOLLOW COURTNEY
Follow Courtney on Twitter! Follow Courtney on Instagram! Follow Courtney on Pinterest! Like Courtney's Facebook Page



How did you discover blogs/blogging?

I've always wanted to be a writer and constantly talked about writing a book. As I started noticing that blogging was becoming more popular (through social media), I did a lot of research and finally started one of my own. 



When did you start blogging?

I started blogging 3 months ago, early May. 



Why did you start blogging? 

The reason behind my blog is to raise awareness for all mental health advocates. I want them to stop suffering by themselves. I want them to know that they are not alone. If they haven't found their voice yet, that's okay. I will continue to be their voice for them. But they can use my work as their outlet, as their support. 




What is your favorite topic to write about?

My favorite topic to write about is anything related to mental health. I've discussed a lot about anxiety because that's something I struggle with daily. I feel like people can relate to me most when I share my stories about dealing with that. 



What is your favorite thing about blogging?

My favorite thing about blogging is the community that surrounds it. There are so many people willing to help you promote your work. The amount of support I've received since the beginning has been wonderful. 



What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?

My biggest blogging pet peeve is when people ask to see your work and then do nothing with it. We all know their intent is to share (because that's what their tweet indicates) and then you never hear back from them. It's almost discouraging. 



Describe yourself in 3 words or phrases.

awkward, lovable, sensitive



Describe your blog in 3 words.

raw, honest, beautiful



Where did your blog name from?

My blog name, Unfiltered Mama, took a long time for me to come up with. I wanted something that would smack my readers in the face (I know that sounds harsh). When they hear it, I want them to know exactly what to expect. I'm a mama, of almost two, and I'm most definitely Unfiltered. I tell you what it is. I'm not afraid to put myself out there if it means more people will open up and reach out for help. 



What 5 posts are you most proud of/really loved making?

I'm proud of all of my work. A lot of my stories have received more views than others, but I put my heart and soul into everything I publish. I establish new readers everyday. That's something I'm most definitely proud of. 



What camera and photo editing software do you use?

If I use pictures that I take, they come from my iPhone 6 Plus. But other than that, I use splasher for images and VSCO for editing. 



What is your dream campaign?

My dream campaign is to continue spreading the word for all mental health sufferers. We are no different than the person standing next to us. We will fall and get back up again. We are strong. We won't let our mental health bring us down. 



How do you come up with posts ideas?

My post ideas come fairly easy. I write stories, and most of the time I spread them out into a few posts because there's so much I want to say. But I also love leaving my readers wanting more. So in order for them to understand the story behind my work, they have to follow along from the beginning. 



How do you stay motivated to keep writing?

Being a mom and finding the time to blog is difficult. But my motivation comes from the daily support I see. Every time someone messages me to say thank you for sharing my story, I want to write more. And that's exactly what I do. 



What advice would you give to new bloggers?

My advice to new bloggers - "never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." I have so many days that I question my ability to continue my blog or whether people are actually enjoying my work. But it's so important to knock those thoughts out of your mind. Do this for you. You will battle yourself along the way, but don't let that stop you from performing. 






Thank you for checking out today's Featured Blogger! Make sure to check out her blog and social media! Do you want to be a Featured Blogger? Check out the details here.


FOLLOW GIRLSWHOBLOG
Twitter | Facebook | Facebook Group | BlogLovin

No comments:

Post a Comment