Arielle Tuan of The Little Dismaid | Featured Blogger


Hello everyone! I'm so excited to bring you a featured blogger! Today's blogger is Arielle of The Little Dismaid! Check her out! 

Arielle Tuan // The Little Dismaid 

Hi all! My name is Arielle, and I run a blog that is mainly about Disney- basically, my thoughts on the parks, movies, and the company in general. I like to put a unique spin on things, and try to write my posts from a more down-to-earth perspective (I am a former Disney World Cast Member, so I think that experience helps with my writing). In addition to Disney, I suffer from general anxiety, so I like to post about my experiences with that, tips on how to deal with anxiety, and how Disney helps me.




FOLLOW ARIELLE
 



How did you discover blogs/blogging?
I’ve always had a love of writing, and after working at Disney, I published two books with Theme Park Press (a small publishing company). I wanted to continue writing, and I want to eventually publish a book with a bigger publisher, so I decided to try blogging to get my voice, and my name, out there more. I know there are a million Disney blogs, and that I have a lot of competition, but I’m going to keep plugging away- writing is my passion!


When did you start blogging?
I actually started a blog back when I first started working at Disney World (in 2012), but the blog sort of fell off after work became too overwhelming. I started up again in January of 2017, but I didn’t start seriously promoting my work until this past May.


Why did you start blogging?
I read a book which, coincidentally, talks about how to get a book published. One of the tips is to start a blog and find your “niche.” So, I decided to jot my thoughts down and put them out into the world, and see if people responded to it. I think it’s a good first step before going down the book publishing journey (again).


What is your favorite topic to write about?
I feel like just saying “Disney” is too broad. I really like writing about my personal views on all Disney topics, and writing about dealing with anxiety- it’s rare to find someone write about anxiety so freely, even though the word itself has become trendy by now. Lifestyle posts are also really fun, but I never know if I’m doing them properly!


What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I obviously love writing, but I also love the moment when I “post” on an article I’ve just finished. It’s that adrenaline rush, like, is this the article that’s finally going to catapult me into super-star blogdom? Are people going to hate, love it, or not give a damn about it? The possibilities are exciting, but even if nothing happens, it’s fun knowing that your thoughts are out there for everyone to read.



What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
The competitiveness I’ve seen with bloggers- it’s one thing to be proud of something, like blog views, but it’s another to brag about it. It’s also annoying when you spend time writing nice comments on an “established” blogger’s blog or Twitter, and they don’t even take two seconds to “like it.” I understand that they’re busier than us newbies, but I feel like some of the more famous bloggers have forgotten that they were once newbies too.


Describe yourself in 3 words or phrases.
Loyal, kind, and (I like to think) witty.


Describe your blog in 3 words phrases.
Disney, personal, and anxiety awareness.


Where did your blog name come from?
It’s a play on the movie “The Little Mermaid.” I’m “The Little DISmaid” (get it?). The Little Mermaid holds a lot of meaning for me, especially since my name is Arielle, and my husband’s name is Eric. I’m also an Aquarius, and have always felt a deep connection to the ocean (are you groaning yet?).


What 5 posts are you most proud of?


What camera and photo editing software do you use?
I really need to get better at this. For now I just use a Nikon DSLR and iPhoto on my Macbook.


What is your dream campaign?
This is how new I am- I’m not even sure what a campaign means in the blogging world! I would love to be able to quit my full-time job and blog for money- that would be awesome! I would also love to write freelance for some of the big Disney websites like www.wdwinfo.com.


How do you come up with post ideas?
This sounds lame, but I literally just take them from life experiences, and stuff that I would like to read about. Coming up with ideas, to me, is the easiest part of blogging.


How do you stay motivated to keep writing?
Sometimes I get down on days where a post I was really excited about gets low views, but my husband is very supportive. He knows I can go far with this, and without him, I might have given up. His encouragement, and my dream to one day write a big novel, keeps me going.


What advice would you give to new bloggers?
I still consider myself a new blogger, but I would say- just keep at it! Don’t drive yourself crazy by looking at numbers, and promote your work like crazy on Twitter. Also, join blogging groups on Facebook.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you around my blog!
  

Thank you for checking out today's Featured Blogger! Make sure to check out her blog and social media! Do you want to be a Featured Blogger? Check out the details here.


FOLLOW GIRLSWHOBLOG
Twitter | Facebook | Facebook Group | BlogLovin

No comments:

Post a Comment